Monday, October 7, 2013

Guest designer for The Scrapbook Store...

Hi there fellow scrappers!
Hope all is well....  I am a SUPER excited to say that I was asked to be October's guest designer for The Scrapbook Store...     woooohooo!
I was sent the Simply Stories - Smarty pants range, this range screams all about school...
 with 2 superb kids & I have plenty of school photo's up my sleeve, I thought is going to be COOL.....
  BUT! I first I wanted to challenge myself a little & created something non school related SOOOOO! 
today I'm sharing with you my 1st layout which is my take on the October's sketch 
& what the October sketch created by the talented Melinda Spinks looks like.... 



Products Used & are avalible from The scrapbook store

Simple Stories - Smarty Pants - 12x12" Double Sided Patterned Paper - Bookworm

Simple Stories - Smarty Pants - 12x12" Double Sided Patterned Paper - School Spirit  (using both sides)

Simple Stories - Smarty Pants - Expressions Cardstock Stickers

Simple Stories - Smarty Pants - Sn@p! Cuts

Simple Stories - Smarty Pants - Chipboard Stickers

Washi Tape - Ruler

Others:
Luminarte watercolors- Coral berry & Sea spray.

if you find any time & to be in the running to win a randomly drawn prize store voucher of $40 plus free postage! be sure to load up your take on the sketch HERE

I will be back to share more soon...
Till then take care! THANK you for stopping by & your comments are always appreciated! 

17 comments:

  1. great sketch to work with, loving the colours and mix media you have used for your page, fabulous work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect interpretation of the sketch. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Rach, love your take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the GDT!! This is gorgeous!! I love love love the splatters and the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats!!!!!! and this is just awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous take on the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stars for your three very special stars, its a gorgeous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely take on the sketch.....loving the ripped edges & the inks 'leaking' down the paper. Looks great:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks fabulous! I love your square photos with the rounded edges, and always love what you do to your back ground !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout Rach... You nailed it... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your interpretation of the sketch Rachael. This is a gorgeous layout and I so love your background!! Absolutely fabulous page!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow your layput is great! i love the background and the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow incredible page Rachael lovin' all those fab splats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your guest spot Rach. Awesome take on the the sketch, love the grungey feel to this and the watercolour effect with the luminarte colours looks amazing!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super stunning page Rachael! I would never have guessed that you've used 'Smarty Pants' for this one! ;)
    Super excited to have you on the team this month. Can't wait to see what you do next! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rachel! I am in love with your style! Great watercolour techniques, textures and you have a real knack for adding little bits of genius! I am a real fan!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY do appreciate you are taking the time to leave behind your thoughts on my creations... 💕 THANK YOU for stopping by 💕

01 09 10