Sunday, November 20, 2011

Challenge #29 for Let's get Shabby

 I did get to Scrap last night.....    Yay....
I know I'm pushing for time, But I still have to midnight So...
I am making it in the nick of time........   LOL


I was Inspired to Create a layout with Let's Get Shabby
Challenge #29( I copied & pasted the Challenge)

Challenge #29 is a


MONOCHROMATIC CHALLENGE


except its a little more challenging than usual

in that you can use


TONES/SHADING OF ONLY ONE COLOUR


That means - no adding in white or black as an extra colour or any other colour no matter how small it may be..... (this really is a challenge - big smile!) 

Remember - you can only use one colour...



I went with Aqua which I thought went Perfectly with this Photo 
of DH & DS.......

I know what you maybe thinking...
What the a Fairy on a Boyish Layout?
YEAH! it worked for ME..So I went with it....

I also have had troubles in the past with Adding flowers
to a Boyish Layout... 
I've have Seen Soooooooooo many BEAUTIFUL & AMAZING
layouts created & they all look Awesome....


But when I do it..... It just Looks Wrong to Me...
Don't ask Me why?
 I'm getting better all the time....
LOL

Products Used:
MME - Fine & Dandy True Blue paper,
Prima - Alla prima Ferrulle paper,
Prima - Flower,6x6 Mini Branches,Doilie
Fairy fussy cut from Kaisercraft paper,
 MFT - Fancy Flourish,
LYB - Clear Cut Film Strip, Webster Papers - Rose Ribbon,
 Thanks for Stopping by 
Don't forget about my little GIVEAWAY
& Have a Wonderful Sunday
♥♥

19 comments:

  1. Hi ,
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.I love to put flowers onto boy layouts lol.That blue is so beautiful stunning layout too. Take care Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I got down to reading your comments I was thinking how much I love the feminine embellies on this page but the blue pulls it together perfectly for a masculine page. Gorgeous work girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blue Rach and I think you have worked in the traditionally girl elements in perfectly!

    Re: Your scrap space. So jealous your getting a made to measure built in. Can't wait to see it xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. one word ... EXQUISITE !!!!! hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always STUNNING!! Beautiful Rahcael. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh Rachel... this layout is so beautiful and precious !!! I love it...Divine Blue... hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another stunner Rachael. Cheers Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tee hee I have absolutely no hang-ups about specific colours or flowers on any pages, I stick them beauties on everything that I create and am totally happy with that. Love the beautiful aqua colour and the wonderful elements, flowers and fairy look brill here! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so gorgeous Rachael! The flower and fairy do not look our of place at all and the colour is just awesome. Great pic of your DS and DH.
    Have a wonderful week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect! LOVE the colour you went for. Oh and LOVE the new header too. Have an awesome week Miss - Addicted - To - Challenges (just like me!) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! The sepia picture is perfect with the aqua color!!! Hugs Helene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous use of the bold coloyur scheme, and I for one just LOVE the fairy right where it is. Why should the girls get all the good stuff....? :-)
    Thanks for the inspo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Racheal.. its great to back visiting your blog :) I love that page, and that photo is just AWESOME :)
    enjoy your week x

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful beautiful beautiful layers.......

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Rachael, this is what I call gorgeousness! Hehehe!! But yes, indeed this is gorgeous :) Beautiful work!! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow Rachael love this colour combo, just stunning and beautiful :)
    thanks for all your blog comments, really appreiciate it:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic take on the challenge Rachael! Loving this layout!! You know I have no problem with flowers, etc on a boys page - I don't think you have overdone it at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI.. wow this is a stunning layout made with such a gorgeous color shade.. i am like you in that i find it difficult to put flowers on a boys layout, but this is subtle and not at all too girly... and i love the fact.... there are no rules... it is what works for you!! so well done on your take on the challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fantastic layout!!! I love your colour! And I didn't even realize that you've used a flower until I read about it and had another look at your layout...! :) And the fairy - why no? Looks great! And the pic is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY do appreciate you are taking the time to leave behind your thoughts on my creations... 💕 THANK YOU for stopping by 💕

01 09 10