Sunday, December 16, 2012

Guest Designer for Once Upon A Sketch December's Challenge

Well hello!
hope things are going well with you all...
I was SUPER DOOPER honored for my layout click HERE if you want to see it again to have won October's Challenge over a Once Upon A Sketch.. also that same layout was Featured over @ Glitz Design.. So double woot WooooT
&now lucky enough to be a GUEST DESIGNER for there December Challenge...
I guess most of you have seen the December Challenge by now 
but! will share with you anyways...
have copied and paste this next bit
Theme:  It's December...

We would like you to create a layout and interpret the theme "'It's December.. " however you like based on the following sketch. 

Ideas for Journalling: We know that not everyone celebrates Christmas in December, but if you do we would love to hear all about it. If not, then tell us anything that you like about December..celebratory on not! 

Your layout must incorporate this theme and the sketch below. 

Please make sure that we see some sort of journalling on your layouts and please tell us where your journalling is . You are allowed to journal in any language but please tell us where on your page we will find your journalling. Remember journalling has to be a bit more than a title, or a generic comment.Hidden journalling is perfectly fine.

& the sketch
& here is my GDT layout...
of my WONDERFUL brother who was taken from us WAY TO SOON!!
I have found it real hard the last 4 years to enjoy the month of December......
 AND 2 years ago I also lost a Dear friend on the same day.... 
So for me I REALLY don't like December the 14th!!
 I just haven't found the spirit of Christmas I once had...  BUT! I have put on a brave face & had hid many tears from the children making sure that they ENJOY Christmas.. I guess that's what we do!!
& when I received this Challenge I knew I HAD to create this Layout....
I feel that in a little bit of a Quirky sort of way.... I was meant to create for this challenge it has helped a little & it felt SO GOOD to create this layout!! 
My journaling is on the back of this layout.. I had a bit to say & thought it was best to just put it on the back of it....
the papers & Sparklers are Webster pages, Pink Paislee  - Artisan hearts & Prima - resistant canvas pieces.... which I've sprayed with a pale blue mist...
the Flowers, gold ribbon, leaves & the green wire stars are All GREEN TARA.. 
The designing team have once again created such AMAZING layouts!! with 26 Gorgeous entries already I think most of you have already stopped on by...
BUT! Be sure to check O.U.T group B reveal

Thanks so much for poppin on by & any of your comments you may leave behind..
Have a WONDERFUL Sunday!

24 comments:

  1. Oh hunnie absolutely beautiful page and love that you have kept your journaling hidden its like a private conversation with your brother. Sending you lots of love during this difficult time xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this almost had me crying. I'm sorry you lost your brother. This layout is a wonderful way to remember him, smiling and looking happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand, we are in a similar boat this year having lost a very dear friend to ovarian cancer on the 10th. She was a second mum to my children even as they grew into adults and my daughter is really struggling with her grief. I hope we all get through the tough times and celebrate our memories of those past and celebrate those with us as they reach their milestones. Keep your chin up Rachael and enjoy your children's happy faces on the big day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry Rachael. December can be a little depressing. Your page is a nice tribute and your brother looked bright and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A heartfelt story ....brave to share , thank you .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too young. Way too young. Not easy. Nevertheless - a really, really fitting tribute for him. Would he love it or roll his eyes???!!!!! I'm not rolling mine - that title is really, really stunning - & you're soooo right - we just keep on with it so's the rest of the family can enjoy the season...take care....and BIG CONGRATULATIONS...you do soooo well:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI.. what an amazing layout, it is full of passion and so many layers and beautiful flowers.. I can understand why that day is too hard to bear.. and well done on winning the October challenge, your creations are amazing and full of life and heart..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bright bold colours Rach with the black. Fab pics and the large title looks awesome. You just have this way....

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on the guest spot, fabulous work as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a stunning layout and a beautiful tribute, I think you might be right and the GDT spot was reserved just for you =) xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on your spot as guest designer - this is a special page Rach and glad you got the chance to make it for your brother. All the best during this time and may you stay strong for your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful layout & tribute to your brother Rach. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on all the recognition and the GDT!! That is WONDERFUL! I loveeeeeeeee your beautiful and touching layout!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors and the flowers!! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gosh rachael December must be so hard for you. In sure the journaling is heartfelt. This is a beautiful tribute to your brother and I'm sure he has read this post from heaven.

    Congrats on the GDT just an amazing LO.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rachel what a gorgeous layout!
    congrats on being a guset at OUAS....
    I know how you feel I too have been missing from the scrap blog world due to a death in the family and unfortunately in the month of December.....I am so sorry for your loss!
    take care and I wish you and your family all the best for the new year!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry you lost your brother way too soon and I admire you for scrapping about it. Your layout is absolutely amazing! a real tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your spot as guest designer!
    I'm sorry for your lost Rachael.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful tribute to your brother Rach. Really stunning. Congrats on the guest spot too. Sorry I haven't been calling in for a little while but I know you understand. Also thanks for you well wishes last week too. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Rachel, you did lose him way too soon. This must make December so difficult for you, and you are so brave to make it a happy time for your children. This page is gorgeous and a beautiful tribute to your brother. Your love for him just exudes from every little detail. Glad that even though there must have been some pain in creating this page, that it also provided healing and comfort. Congrats on your GD spot - it is so well deserved. Your work is always amazing!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Rachael...first off, this page is SO beautiful, in so many ways..the use of color is just fantastic and unique..all the layering and details are perfect!!! I am so sorry for the loss of your brother :( :( there are some wounds that time just cannot close but I do hope that you find some peace and can enjoy the holiday some. Take care, friend!! Congrats on your GD spot...of course it is SO well deserved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning layout. Love all your layers and clustering and the colours you've used. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is so heartbreaking... the beauty of this LO and all the emotions you poured out on it make it even more painful... sorry for all your loss, Rachel - though it was years ago but I know that you never truly wrap your mind and heart around it. but i know that it is very good to find a way - especially creative way to express your pain...
    hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY do appreciate you are taking the time to leave behind your thoughts on my creations... 💕 THANK YOU for stopping by 💕

01 09 10